The provincial architect Francis Heakes originally added
courtroom 1 in 1910. This courtroom remains entirely intact
as it was in 1910. The room was restored to its original
colours in 1999 and the light fixtures were recreated based
on the original specifications and similar period models. It
is a combination gas and electrical fixture, typical for the
period of transition from 1905 to 1920 when electricity was
being introduced into public buildings.