Courtroom 10 was designed by Francis Heakes and was added
to the building in 1910. In 1969 to 1972 a huge project to
expand Osgoode Hall was initiated by the province and this
particular courtroom was almost totally demolished to make
way for a larger one. The windows on the east wall were blocked
up, the ceiling demolished and the woodwork, benches and light
fixtures of 1910 were removed. Since the ongoing restoration
and renovation of 1995, remnants of the original ceiling and
drawings of the woodwork were uncovered by the architect.
Although it was not feasible during this particular renovation
to totally restore the courtroom or its furnishings, the original
pieces of cornice and woodwork were salvaged and reinstated
together with new sections.