For several years Osgoode Hall consisted of one wing solidly
constructed for practical purposes. In 1847 the columns were
added to balance the wing on the west side of the building.
After the completion of the building, Osgoode Hall offered
room and board to law students. Osgoode Hall was considered
a frontier Inn of Court and students were expected to attend
Osgoode Hall when the courts sat. The students lodgings were in
the attic of this wing and in a variety of rooms built in 1833.
They are situated in the centre block where the Great Library is
located. Some students were rowdy and did not pay rent so
Osgoode Hall discontinued renting accommodation for students.