The centre hall, stairs and atrium in Osgoode Hall were
built in 1858 by Cumberland and Storm. The Caen stone was
imported from France. It was used extensively in cathedrals
and public buildings in Europe from the Medieval times. This
soft and beautifully coloured stone is very good for carving.
The tile floors in Osgoode Hall are of international importance
due to a marking of Maw and Company Shropshire. This
marking indicates their antiquity. The tiles made in England
were laid in a pattern and individually cut on site.
The skylights have beautiful stained glass and the ornate
trim and arches add grace and elegance to Osgoode Hall.