For six years Frances Loring and Florence Wyle resided in a
studio on Church Street in Toronto, Ontario. In 1920 they
purchased a home in Moore Park at 110 Glenrose Avenue.
The structure was an old school house with cathedral ceilings
which enabled the women to sculpt at tremendous heights.
Their home was commonly known in the area as "The Church".
The school house was attached to the Christ Church Deer Park.
Frances Loring and Florence Wyle were colorful characters and
their new home became a gathering for the artistic community.
Their friends included A.Y. Jackson, Fred Varley, Lauren
Harris as well as other artists and musicians.