Convocation Hall opened in 1881. It was the first addition
to Osgoode Hall and dedicated to legal education. This was the
first law school built in Ontario. Convocation Hall served as a
lecture hall, moot courtroom, debating room, dining hall, dance
hall and examination room. It was the setting for annual Calls
to the Bar and continues to serve the owners and other legal
organizations as a special venue for significant special events.
In 1969 the flambeaux on the east and west walls were donated
to Osgoode Hall from the Middle Temple in London, England.