The coat of arms was assigned by Royal Proclamation to
the Dominion of Canada in 1921. The arms of Canada were
drawn by Mrs. Cathy Bursey-Sabourin, Fraser Herald at the
Canadian Heraldic Society, office of the Governor-General.
A newer design depicted in the below was approved in 1994
adding a ribbon behind the shield with the motto of the
Order of Canada.
In 2002 the Court of Appeal for Ontario which is located in
Osgoode Hall implemented the shield.
This page is designed to inform the reader of the various
aspects of the Coat of Arms. To view the shields in Osgoode
Hall please click on the page titled courtrooms.